Hotties Next Door 8
by PRedondo

Comic (40 pages)
EUR 19.99

Post subject: The Money Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:03 pm 
BFA Director

perhaps E or others can detail the various currencies used in the E-verse

with Slave Fair 3 just released, we see slave girls sold or used for various prices, denoted with bucks

we see in the beginning Galina being sold for 500 bucks and near the end the princess going for 20 million bucks

but just how much is that in the e-verse? is that like the equivalent of 20 million US dollars?

is there such a thing as an "erenischian dollar"?

another question I have is what is the median income level in this setting?

like what is considered "rich" in the e-verse?

Paul Stevenson is considered "rich" but is there a ballpark figure as to how much he has in actual value?

and still I have alot more questions lol

Post subject: Re: The Money Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:59 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry, Melanie
Fave comic: BG8, BG11, Repurposed,Karma
I have a couple ideas about this E always says we should use car analogies when talking about slave prices. I don't know if there is a 20 million dollar car in the world, but I'm sure there's people rich enough to pay that kind of money. Say you create a ridiculously extravagant thing like a diamond encrusted gold Rolls Royce or something. You can be sure that it will be sold to a sheik next day.

The currency in Pussiana is the E-buck. That I know for sure. I guess it is more valuable than the american dollar. After all Peter bought Melanie for 50 e-bucks. That is very low number even for a dump girl.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
That is a lot of pretty serious questions :D

The questions about what the exchange rate is, Paul Stevenson's net worth and median income levels we can happily leave to Erenisch to answer. The rest I can make some stab at answering.

We have so far only had stories set in Pussiania so we cannot speak of foreign currencies at the moment. There (canonically) is not an Erenischean dollar but early comics were put into Dollars by the good folks at DoFantasy presumably due to the amount of Americana imagery in the early comics.) We affectionately refer to the "E-Buck"(eb for the currency but you can assume it is roughly comparable to the dollar. It follows from this that Yekarinia's 20 million price tag makes her the slave equivalent of a Van Gogh painting in our reality. One for the ultra rich and private collectors only. The Society introduced us to a cabal of billionaires who are powerful players in global affairs.

E's rule of thumb is that buying a slave is equivalent to buying a second hand car so prices between 1000 and 2000 eb are par for the course any lower than that and they are cheap and presumably of poor quality. In this scenario Melanie selling for 50 eb is, with hindsight, the steal of the century but was seen as insultingly low. Though she was illegally sold by people with no legal hold over her and were sick to the back teeth of her. This refers solely to sex slaves. We have never encountered labour slaves or girls in the mines whose standard price would presumably be much lower.Paul often pays significantly more than this, but always to an end and it seems he can easily afford to do so (especially now he plays with the Billionaires) I have always found it odd that a man as wealthy as Paul is supposed to be lives in a normal family home for the entire series. I always assumed that he was nouveau-riche and his company had recently hit pay dirt bit before that he was simply a local businessman who lived comfortably but nothing remarkable.

Last edited by Rufus on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:20 pm 
Supreme Being

All this talk about The Society reminds me of famous actress Sophie Catin. Her price was also said to be "millions" of e-bucks. When Paul mentions this Michelle finds the number incredibly high.

In BG10, Paul says that he would have paid up to 20000 for Maggie, but her father settled for 8000.

That must be a very high number anyway, because in the original slave fair Jason buys Colleen for 1200. Colleen was a virgin teenager just like Maggie.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:05 pm 
Evil Genius

Fave character: Maggie & Melanie
Fave comic: the next one
There was several threads about the currency back at the old forum. What it was called and the price of things. We even designed bills and coins. I believe the eb comes from back then.

Can't rember Paul's wealth being discussed back then, but he wasn't as prominent character either in the early comics.

We often use cars to discuss the economy in this world, but for the price of slaves we probably should use something that has a limited supply of the absolutely top quality. Cars you can always make more of, supermodels are harder. Art is a good analogy for the top prices, but I believe sports figures are better for the whole market. The top top athletes cost millions to buy and billionaires overbid eachother for them. Extrem talents are expensive all ready as teens, but prices regularly rise until they are 25 where it levels out for a few years and then falls sharply around 30 years of age. The graph for talent versus supply is pyramid shaped, and of course the lower down you go, the damend decreases and the supply increases, which results in rapid lowered prices.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:30 am 
Supreme Being

Thon wrote:
Art is a good analogy for the top prices, but I believe sports figures are better for the whole market. The top top athletes cost millions to buy and billionaires overbid eachother for them.
Great idea. absolutely makes sense.

here is my list of girls with prices mentioned in comics.

Princess Katrina - 20 million estimated
Sophie Catin - ? millions
Sherry (Pott's debt - must be huge)
Maggie - 8000
Gloria (BFA) - 2500
Cindy - 2000 or best offer (asking price not sold)
Colleen - 1499 (listed) --> 1200 (sale?)
Galina - 1200 (SF1) --> 500 (SF3)
Mandy ? --> 600 (SF2)
Janine (SF2) - 400 (This girl is the stewardess in the Society I believe)
Melanie - 50
Anita - 40