Sold to Slavery 2
by Damian

Album (25 pages)
EUR 12.95
Proto Part 2
by Ferres

Comic (46 pages)
EUR 19.99

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Bottom
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:56 am 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
Thon wrote:
Sounds tricky. How do one write an accent? Could you care to share some of your efforts with us?

Nothing too complicated. Just replace the letter /h/ with apostrophes, maybe replace /th/ with /f/, add an Oi! here, a bloody 'ell! there...

EDIT - About your earlier Q on the shirts: The white one is cotton and more loose-fitting. The red one is polyester and stretchier... Thanks for noticing ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:23 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Heather
Fave comic: Fam Slave Set & The Bottom
Possible SPOILERS!

I didn't expect such a direct tie in to the main storylines; I love the ending!

I quite enjoyed the sarcastic way Malanie spoke to the gang members some times, I can't decide if they were too dumb/self-absorbed to notice or just let her get away with it because she was so useful.

The 'tour guide' thing was an awesome way to shove in all the exposition and not make it feel forced, it harkens back to the similar segment in Family Slave Set (I still love that one). I just love the world building stuff.

Whatever did happen to Malaine's panties? :lol:

I like that even though Malanie was smart and educated and just doing what it takes to survive that she was still mentally down on herself and (even just for practical purposes) wanted to get a good master rather than fantasizing about being 'free'.

(papa spank) :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:44 am 
Lawmaker

Fave character: sherry
Fave comic: all bg
Erenisch wrote:
Thon wrote:
Sounds tricky. How do one write an accent? Could you care to share some of your efforts with us?

Nothing too complicated. Just replace the letter /h/ with apostrophes, maybe replace /th/ with /f/, add an Oi! here, a bloody 'ell! there...

EDIT - About your earlier Q on the shirts: The white one is cotton and more loose-fitting. The red one is polyester and stretchier... Thanks for noticing ;)

coor blimey' guvnor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXyt6VcoUQI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:57 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Frankie
Fave comic: The Office
Dr. White wrote:
I like that even though Malanie was smart and educated and just doing what it takes to survive that she was still mentally down on herself and (even just for practical purposes) wanted to get a good master rather than fantasizing about being 'free'.

Somewhere she says "once banded, you can never be free again". The rational thing a slave should do is look for a good master. :)

Now for my review. It is GREAT!
Once again I was pleasantly surprised to see E can deliver original stories after so many comics. Just admirable.

The main character Melanie is a superb character, spunky, sarcastic and funny. I think I know why she is like that. The subject material is too gloomy and cruel this time, Melanie has to be this genial to balance the general mood of the comic. A very good choice and another admirable piece of craftsmanship from the master of storytelling.

I have a few spoilers too.

-The newspaper Jimmy reads early in the comic. There are hints in there.
-Dolcett references? bestaility references? golden showers? Oh my!
-The flag of Pussiana?!?!? I can make out a fist within a star over a couple arrows. That was a great scene by the way.
-Realistic images are awesome, especially with Melanie being hosed down. Wonderful panel design too.
-The red shirt is wonderful. I agree with Thon, it will be a classic. We will probably call it the "red one", like the classic "yellow one" from BG4.
-And finally, I was totally surprised with the ending. Another great Erenischian twist! Of course when you go back and read again, it seems so obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Frankie
Fave comic: The Office
By the way did you see the ad page at dofantasy describing the comic? It describes the Erenisch universe a bit and begins to summarize the story with this sentence:

"LIFE IS NOT ALL ROSES AND SUNSHINE IN THE WORLD"

I thought that was funny as hell...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:21 am 
Evil Genius

Fave character: Maggie & Melanie
Fave comic: the next one
samantha wrote:
Somewhere she says "once banded, you can never be free again".
I guess it should read "abandoned" (I don't have access to comic while writing this)? And that simple line is the great world expander(?) the whole comic builds upon. And it answers so many questions about female behavior in this world and thus ties in nicely with the earlier comics.

samantha wrote:
The main character Melanie is a superb character, spunky, sarcastic and funny.
Agree totally. Definitely a new favorite for most of us. And what an ass :D (must do the male stereotype)

samantha wrote:
I think I know why she is like that. The subject material is too gloomy and cruel this time, Melanie has to be this genial to balance the general mood of the comic.
Yup, the artist manage to kill off 0 girls in this dark comic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am 
Evil Genius

samantha wrote:
By the way did you see the ad page at dofantasy describing the comic? It describes the Erenisch universe a bit and begins to summarize the story with this sentence:

"LIFE IS NOT ALL ROSES AND SUNSHINE IN THE WORLD"

I thought that was funny as hell...

That's only because your such an evil person :twisted: [insert maniacal laughter] :twisted:

And, no. I never read those texts. I lack, should we say a bit of trust for Dof's ability not to spoil things for me. I'm grateful for them to provide me with the great comics from Erenisch (and Fernando) but the rest is .. well, lets say, best off ignored.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:16 am 
Evil Genius

Thon wrote:
samantha wrote:
Somewhere she says "once banded, you can never be free again".
I guess it should read "abandoned" (I don't have access to comic while writing this)? And that simple line is the great world expander(?) the whole comic builds upon. And it answers so many questions about female behavior in this world and thus ties in nicely with the earlier comics.

Nope. It was "banded". Samantha was right. Me wrong. :?

I interpreted the whole comic and willed it into one sentence. The wrong sentence. Sorry about that. Still, I feel that the main world expander in this comic is to show what happens when a slave gets abandoned. While being owned by a master, there might not bee real freedom, but there's the blue collar and the slave wife status. But when you've been discarded as a slave, there's really no way out as this comics shows. Thus a feverish search for a new master is to be expected, or at least dreams of that nature.

Edit - I'm on a standby shift, very boring, very long, thus the frequent posting 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:18 am 
BFA Director

to samantha

this post is in regards to a spoiler so for those who haven't read this yet - be warned :p

And finally, I was totally surprised with the ending. Another great Erenischian twist! Of course when you go back and read again, it seems so obvious.

yeah the ending to this comic ranks right up there with BG8 The Favorite - a very nice and smooth tie in
like you, wasn't expecting it but once i saw the blonde - i knew immediately who the one in the hat was :p
and then my mind jumped to the possible side plots in BG11 and beyond

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:29 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Sir Humphrey Appleby
My big thing about the comic that came as a surprise and as a question to E (but its posted here due to spoiler)

When did Peter get a Car because I really thought that would have been his graduation gift at the end of BG? Also now that Peter has his slave trading Empire then won't it become easier to have slaves tied up in a bow? That can become his companies trademark.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:35 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry
I really, really love this comic. I think your heroine is the most interesting and nuanced character you've created so far. She really is like one of those plucky, make-the-best-of-it characters from Dickens (had to sneak that in there) and we can't help sympathizing with her. In fact, I'll go all the way from Dickens to Victor Hugo. This is your Les Misrables.

Also liked the way you showed the downside of your unusual economic system. We've mainly seen the winners up until now and that implies there must be losers as well. This is our first real look at how those who don't prosper like the Stevensons survive under such economic Darwinism. It's a rather fantastic contrast to, say, The Society.

And it also reminds us that in some societies the poor, simply because no one cares about them, enjoy freedoms the rich, among whom the rules of social etiquette are more rigidly enforced, do not. Guttertramp comes in for her share of mistreatment to be sure, but she also gets away with things no pampered property of a prosperous household would.

It also sets us up for another great story. I won't say any more about that, other than that I can't wait to read it.

Okay, enough raving for now. Suffice it to say this is an instant favorite.

The art is great. The story is great. The characters are great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:40 pm 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
m113 wrote:
When did Peter get a Car because I really thought that would have been his graduation gift at the end of BG? Also now that Peter has his slave trading Empire then won't it become easier to have slaves tied up in a bow? That can become his companies trademark.

He borrowed the one that was seen in BG6.

And you are right on the money with the trademark thing. The logo etc will reflect the "Birthday Gift" imagery.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:21 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
I really enjoyed the comic. Melanie was everything E promised she would be and I was proven right when I said that such unpromising subject matter could work as a BDSM comic. (Phew!!)

Others have already eloquently gone into non spoiler ish detail and I agree with what they say. So I shall restrict myself to a few general comments.

This in fact is actually little more than we now have come to expect from Erenisch. The artwork is superb, the characters vivid and three dimensional The world was developed further and the action was intense and varied. it had the de rigueur cameos and very interesting ones they are too. One of the lesser benefits was as there was no secret stash my first read did not involve a paranoid search for potential clues :D :

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:41 am 
BFA Director

Thon wrote:
And, as always, fantastic T-shirts. Esp the red one! Not only the motif, which will be a classic (like the yellow one we can see on the clothes rack), but also how the red one is fitted on the hot little number.

Oh oh! http://www.customink.com/designs/maggie ... 5f/hotlink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:51 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Melanie Compter
Fave comic: The Bottom
Another thought:

Interesting we don't learn the names of any of the other girls. This makes sense given the subject matter but it also has the side benefit of not having to think up cool servonyms (I've found that this is more tricky than you'd think!). I wonder is it possible that any of these girls had featured in previous comics even in the background? I suppose by remaining nameless they could always be ret-conned into having appeared before.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:43 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Maggie
Great comic and I loved Melanie. I'm glad that we should be seeing more of her. Also Loved the ending.

Thanks for the cameo. I got more lines than I expected.

Just read it the first time. I'll probably make more comments later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:05 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Melanie Compter
Fave comic: The Bottom
Curious about the cameos. Obviously there are the ones involved in the twist ending but how many other characters made cameo appearances?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:16 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry, Melanie
Fave comic: BG8, BG11, Repurposed,Karma
mehmeh wrote:
Thon wrote:
And, as always, fantastic T-shirts. Esp the red one! Not only the motif, which will be a classic (like the yellow one we can see on the clothes rack), but also how the red one is fitted on the hot little number.

Oh oh! http://www.customink.com/designs/maggie ... 5f/hotlink

What! That's awesome, you replicated it perfectly. :o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry, Melanie
Fave comic: BG8, BG11, Repurposed,Karma
dougeee wrote:
Thanks for the cameo. I got more lines than I expected.

You have a cameo? Where are you???? One of the customers I suspect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:22 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
triona_b wrote:
Curious about the cameos. Obviously there are the ones involved in the twist ending but how many other characters made cameo appearances?

I saw the first generation Nurse 18 from the Clinic. I forgot her servonym, gotta check when I'm back home.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next